- Ribera y Rueda
- OUR STORY
- The Club
James Suckling, 92 pts
"Sliced lemon with some salty, stone and apple undertones. It’s medium-bodied with lovely fruit and a fresh, creamy finish. Drink now."
The history of the company begins in the winery located in Haro in the neighborhood of the railway station “barrio de la estacion “ which dates back to 1879. Close to the railway tracks which during a time drove into the cellar to easily transport easily the wine in oak barrels and then in bottles.
The 545 hectares of vineyards that CVNE owns account for 50% of the company's production, and are distributed between the two subregions of Rioja Alta and Rioja Alavesa, an area of calcareous clay soils, ferrous clay and alluvial soils, under the influence of the Atlantic and Mediterranean climates.
The winery is composed of 22 buildings, which include the original 1879 premises, as well as the plant designed and built by the Eiffel architectural studio in 1909.
This winery combines tradition, quality, and innovation. In 1940 it was a pioneer with the construction of the first concrete fermentation cellar in Spain. In the 80´s it was the pioneer with the first vinification non-aggressive plant, through the use of gravity.