Skip to product information
1 of 2

La Universal - Dido Tinto Montsant 2020

La Universal - Dido Tinto Montsant 2020

1 total reviews

Regular price $28 USD
Regular price Sale price $28 USD
Sale Sold out
Shipping calculated at checkout.

Dido, from la Universal is made of 70% Garnatxa, 20% Syrah & a combined 10% Carignan, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.

Grapes are from a 10ha plot of sandy gravel. 40% of the wine is aged for 16 months in various formats of barrels, while the other 60% is aged in concrete.

Wine Info

  • Vintage: 2020
  • Varietal: Grenache, Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan & Syrah
  • Aging: 16 months in various formats of barrels, while the other 60% is aged in concrete.
  • Producer: La Universal

Tasting Notes


Husband and wife team Sara Pérez and René Barbier (Fils) are the children of two of the great pioneers of the Priorat D.O., Josep Lluis Pérez of Mas Martinet and René Barbier of Clos Mogador. Sara and René are both very well respected vignerons in their own right, so it seemed natural that they should start a project together. For this project, they decided to stake their claim not in Priorat, but in the slightly sleepier D.O. of Monsant.

René and Sara have taken the goddess as their inspiration for this project. One of their stated goals is “to interpret femininity through a bottle of wine”. This might seem an odd choice for a bodega that elaborates Grenache- and Carignan-based wines in Southern Cataluña, but it makes sense once you taste. These are incredibly elegant, refined, sensual expressions of Montsant, with restrained alcohol levels and tremendous texture.

The grapes for the wines come from an approximate total of four hectares of vineyards which are owned by four different grape-growing families in Falset as well as another small plot owned by Venus. One could call Venus a négociant project, but it is more accurate to say that it is a partnership between these four families and René and Sara. Venus is these small growers’ only client, so their vineyards are farmed in accordance with the rigorous ecological standards set by the couple. The grapes for Dido come from the Falset area, from vineyards with soils based on decomposed granite called sauló. These soils are poor in organic matter and they contribute to producing grapes with great ripeness and fruit flavors. The grapes for Venus come from clay-calcareous soils between Marçà and Guiamets. These soils encourage a slow, elegant and complex ripeness.



View full details


Unveil the Magic of D.O. Montsant – Catalonia's Hidden Wine Treasure. Located in the striking landscapes of Catalonia, Spain, Montsant is renowned for its rich, robust reds and elegant, aromatic whites. This D.O. embodies a perfect blend of tradition and innovation, producing wines with deep, complex flavors and a distinct sense of place. Each Montsant wine is a tribute to the diverse terroir and passionate winemakers of the region. Delve into the world of D.O. Montsant and savor the exceptional taste of Catalan winemaking excellence

1 of 3